"The book is a film that takes place in the mind of the reader." ~ Paulo Coelho

Friday, September 8, 2017

Movie Review: Inspector Gadget (1999)

Hello all you movie fans!
Today is the start of Cristina Wehner's and Silver Screening's Movie Scientist Blogathon!!
I have signed up to do Inspector Gadget. As there are so many scientists in this movie I was trying to decide which one to mostly write about, I finally decided to go with the good scientist, Brenda Bradford.

This movie is actually the movie where I decided to be a movie critic! I was telling my sister all about the things that I know about this movie, and she said, "You should have a movie review blog." That's how I'm here.


My guarantee: On ALL of my reviews there are NO spoilers unless it says so. But the comments might have spoilers.


Inspector Gadget (1999):
Based on the TV show:
When John Brown gets into an accident in order to save him the doctors have to put in a lot of machinery. Brenda Bradsford finds this is the perfect excuse put to use her father's plan for a 'robo-cop', a living man and a robot at the same time.
Scolex (Claw) is going to get his revenge on John, because in that accident Scolex lost his hand.
John tries to be a good cop, but he has no idea how.
Genre: Action.
Costumes: 8, there is a bit where some one's pants get pulled down, and where someone is just wearing a hospital nightgown.
My favorite: I don't know why, but I have always like this of Penny's.
Script: 8, a few bad words.
"Go go gadget: oil slick!"
Crew:
Directed by: David Kellogg
Produced by:
Roger Birnbaum
Andy Heyward
Jordan Kerner
Aaron Meyerson
Screenplay by:
Kerry Ehrin
Zak Penn
Based on: Inspector Gadget (1983 TV Show) - by Andy Heyward, Jean Chalopin, Bruno Bianchi
Starring:
Matthew Broderick as Inspector Gadget/John Brown.
Joely Fisher as Dr. Brenda Brandford:
Brenda really is as good a scientist as you can get. She wants to help all the people she can with her knowledge of science. She is great at inventing things, especially things that can talk! 
Rupert Everett as Sanford Scolex/Dr. Claw.
Michelle Trachtenberg as Penny Brown.
Dabney Coleman as Chief Frank Quimby III.
D. L. Hughley (voice) as the Gadgetmobile.
Cheri Oteri as Mayor Wilson.
Michael G. Hagerty as Sykes.
Andy Dick as Kramer.
René Auberjonois as Dr. Artemus Bradford.
Don Adams (voice) as Brain.
Music: 9!
Music by: John Debney
Quotes: 9,
"¿Comprende?"
"Yeah, I comprende."
"No, no, no. It's comprendo: you comprende, I comprendo."
(This is still open for guessing!!!)
Storyline: 7, there is a little bit suggestive stuff, smoking, people getting hurt, death, and kissing.
Overall Score: 8!

Thank you so much for reading! Be sure to check out the fun HERE!

MovieCritic

10 comments:

  1. That's awesome that this movie and your sister inspired you to blog! :) It looks chock full of scientists and a good cast. She definitely sounds like a good scientist! I'm realizing that there are more good scientists than I had supposed in films.

    Thanks so much for the introduction to this film and for joining in the blogathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't really thought of it until then, but I decided it would be fun! :)
      Oh yes it is! And they all have such personallity! It was really hard to choose one to write about!! Yes, same here! This blogathon is introducing so many!

      Oh yes! Thank you so much for hosting this!

      Delete
  2. That's a cool story of your sister inspiring you!:)

    I have not seen this movie, but I'm pretty sure my mom has. Anyway, good review!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is! :D

      There are a few 'iffy' bits, but overall it is really good and really funny. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. I was pleasantly surprised by "Inspector Gadget". I was expecting to hate it, but it's waaay better than I thought it would be. It has a terrific cast (especially Rupert Everett as Dr Claw), and some pretty decent effects.

    I liked that this was the film that inspired you to review films. This must have special significance for you.

    Thanks for joining the blogathon, and for bringing Gadget with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! When my sister first checked it out from the library, I thought it looked weird, but I ended up loving it! Then years later, I knew almost everything about it! The cast is amazing, Rupert Everett is the best Dr. Claw ever!!

      It is, I was waiting for an excuse to review this and as soon as I saw this blogathon, I knew I wanted to do this movie for it!!!

      Yes! Thank you so much for hosting this blogathon!!!! :)

      Delete
  4. I didn't really like this movie, it just wasn't my type. But great review! You did a really good job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it isn't for some people. My sisters and I like it, but my dad doesn't. Thanks, Gray!!! :D

      Delete
  5. Funny, my "sister" was the final push to get me onto the blogosphere too!

    This movie looks interesting....I'll have to look it up!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Lia. I can totally picture that. :)

      Please do! It is pretty good!!!!

      Thanks for commenting, Catherine!

      Delete

To comment, or not to comment? That is the question. Whatever you decide, I would love to hear from you!! I am always open to suggestions, advice, and any other comments! Even if you don't agree with me, I would love to hear from you as long as you keep the comment respectful and on subject. And, please, no swearing. I love comments on old posts!!
My computer won't let me leave comments, so it might take a few days, but I will reply!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, where you stop your story." -Orson Welles